Eurodoc 2011 is organized by Lithuanian Society of Young Researchers and Eurodoc.
Lithuanian Society of Young Researchers (LSYR) is a dynamic knowledge-based autonomous non-political and non-profit nation-wide organization, open to young researchers, scientists, and students from various science and research fields.
LSYR’s mission is to encourage young people to become world-class scientists by establishing interdisciplinary scientific community, promoting science and by facilitating improvements in the system of science and education.
- facilitate contacts among young scientists nationally and internationally, and to enhance the scope of their activities and possibilities;
- set up an open forum for valuable discussions, resulting in scientific and civil activities;
- propagate systemic exchange of scientific information and to conduct scientific research;
- contribute to improvement of the Lithuanian education system by actively participating in various interest working groups;
- act as the main lobby organization on behalf of young scientists/researchers in Lithuania.
EURODOC is the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers. It is an international federation of national associations of doctoral candidates and young researchers from 33 countries of the European Union and Council of Europe.
EURODOC’s objectives are:
- To represent doctoral candidates and junior researchers at the European level in matters of education, research, and professional development of their careers.
- To advance the quality of doctoral programmes and the standards of research activity in Europe.
- To promote the circulation of information on issues regarding young researchers; organize events, take part in debates and assist in the elaboration of policies about Higher Education and Research in Europe.
- To establish and promote co-operation between national associations representing doctoral candidates and junior researchers within Europe.